Thank you so much for
helping us make memories
that will last a lifetime! The
weather was wonderful and
La Escondida is the perfect
setting for a Texas Hill
Country wedding! Kathryn
found a wonderful place
to begin her life as Mrs.
Matthew Goolsby. I will put
the check in the mail this
morning and ask Kathryn to
send a few pictures your way.
— Dianne Fox
1. What type of packages do you offer?
At La Escondida Celebration Center we have three options.
We have SAMPLE packages for 50, 70, 100, 125 and 150 guests – just ask us to send you one… anything in our packages can be modified to better meet your needs or budget.
- You rent the facility and do everything yourself.
- Tell us your guest number, style, wishes and budget and we will create a turn-key event for you.
- Our most popular: - “Meet Somewhere in Between” package which allows you to rent the venue and then choose from a list of services and prices to customize your event while also using your own DIY skills or vendors to make your day special. During your visit we can discuss your wishes and personalize a package for you.
2. How many guests can you accommodate?
At La Escondida we can accommodate up to 200 guests from mid-March through late November.
Between Thanksgiving and mid-March we can accommodate 125 guests. If you are planning a picnic style wedding we may be able to accommodate more. Adding a large tent is always a possibility.
Please talk with us about your vision!
3. Can you recommend a caterer? a DJ? a Baker? a Florist? An officiate? A photographer?
Yes, we can provide you with information for all of these professionals with whom we have previously worked.
4. Can I bring food without using a caterer?
No, this is a sanitation and safety issue for you, your guests and for the venue. You must use a caterer, restaurant or food supplier (i.e. SAM’S, HEB, COSTCO…) with proof of insurance.
5. Do you allow alcohol?
Yes, we allow you to bring your own alcoholic beverages. However, you MUST use OUR TABC certified bartenders(s) to serve any alcoholic beverages (additional cost). For any event with alcohol you MUST also
use our Security personal (additional cost). All liquor will be served with at least an equal amount of a mixer
and therefore cannot be served as a shot, neat, on the rocks or with just a splash. All of these requirements are
a safety issue for you, your guests and for the venue. We can discuss options if you are not serving alcohol at your event.
6. I’m having a church wedding; can I hold just the reception at La Escondida Celebration Center?
7. What if I'm having a small wedding? Do you have a small wedding area?
Yes, we have two wedding sites on the 30 acres at La Escondida. We can discuss numbers, times of day and
days of the week to offer discounts.
8. What about dishes, tablecloths and decorations?
Ivory or white tablecloths are included in most packages. We have assorted tablecloth colors, runners,
overlays at additional costs. We have many choices of tabletop décor. We do have these items available for
a small rental fee. We do have a decorator and florist if you need their services, we can discuss your needs
and costs at our appointment.
9. Can I burn candles?
If there is no burn ban in effect, you may responsibly burn covered or floating candles. The fee for wax removal, if spilled on the furniture or floor, will be deducted from your damage deposit. However, please note that is best to use LED candles outside due to the evening breezes and possible burn bans.
10. Are pets allowed?
No pets are allowed at functions. However, if you wish for your pet to be a member of your wedding party, please talk with us about this possibility!! We have a ranch dog and barn cats that take their job seriously…
and it is not possible to put them “away”.
11. Do you have a place for the party to change clothes?
Yes, at La Escondida Celebration Center we have a changing room with a beauty bar and with access to two restrooms. We also have an additional changing area with proximity to two additional restrooms.
12. Do you allow overnight stays?
No, we do not have overnight stays at La Escondida. We do have area hotel information. There are area hotels that can book a block of rooms for your guests. If you book at La Escondida, we will inquire about a stay for the couple at Grey Stone Manor Bed and Breakfast. There is a two night minimum stay at Grey Stone Manor.
13. What if it rains on my special day?
This is the beauty of having your event at La Escondida Celebration Center. We have beautiful outdoor space, our 2400 sf Starlight Pavilion, our Celebration Room and 1,200 sf Pond Patio to take care of your guests during unusual weather. We also have fans, porta coolers and heaters available if needed.